19 Mar Sparkling Turmeric Tonic
- 5cm knob fresh ginger, peeled, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 10cm piece fresh turmeric, peeled, rinsed and roughly chopped (or 2 teaspoons turmeric powder)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 to 3 lemons)
- 300 ml SodaSparkled water
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Bring the water to a boil in a pot with the ginger and turmeric (if using fresh), then remove from heat.
- Pour in honey and stir to dissolve. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Stir in fresh lemon juice. If using ground turmeric whisk it in now.
- Refrigerate overnight, or for at least 8 hours. then strain, discarding solids. Store in airtight jar for up to 10 days in the fridge.
- To serve, pour turmeric mixture over ice in a serving glass (strength to your taste). Top up with SodaSparkled water, stir and garnish with fresh mint. Enjoy!