10 Jul Mulled Wine Syrup
- 750ml bottle dry red wine
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 star anise
- 2 cinnamon
- 2 x 10cm long strips orange rind
- Soda Sparkled water
- Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sugar has dissolved.
- Increase heat to high. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 25 to 30 minutes until slightly thickened. Allow to cool.
- Strain through a fine sieve into a jug. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Mix with chilled SodaSparkled water and ice cubes.